Wild Olive Leaves Wall Sculpture
The white on white creates beautiful shadows and textures on this wild olive leaves wall sculpture. The wall art contains approximately 140 hand-sculpted olive leaves.
TITLE: Wild Olive
SIZE: 80 x 80 cms (31" x 31")
MATERIALS: polymer clay and acrylic on canvas
° The sides of the canvas are painted so no frame is necessary.
* Other sizes possible, please just ask.
Wild Olive in Florida are slow growing, salt tolerant and grow easily without care. They have small stemmed clusters of tiny sweetly fragrant white flowers that bloom in late winter and highly attractive to bees. Also called Florida Privet, it is native to upland coastal habitats. It doesn't fruit often as it puts all its resources into growth.
On the Southeastern Coastal Plain from SE Virginia [the coast of the Carolinas] to Central Florida to SE Louisiana and parts of the southeastern US into Mexico. In Florida, in grows wild from near lake Wales, westward to near Bradenton and northward.
Happy customers said this:
*** Beautiful! Love it! Make more strong art please!
*** Most incredible work of art ! I was literally Astonished when I opened the box and saw the details, the hard work that went into making beauty from nature. I was also honored that is was signed by the Artist and dated! Included were special, Beautiful gifts included. I know not only have a part of France in my home but more so a part of Friends I will cherish forever !!! nThank you so much for making my B.day THIS special !!!
*** Absolutely INCREDIBLE... love these ornaments. They arrived quickly and are wonderful! I look forward to using them on my Christmas tree for many years to come. THANKS.
More paintings and sculptures can be viewed here http://www.cathysavels.com
* One of my logs paintings was selected by Christies, London to be sold at their Art for Life Event.
* I won first prize for innovation in a competition here in France.
* I have done numerous successful exhibitions in UK and France.
* Several collectors worldwide regularly commission me.
* Published artwork in Reves de Femmes Lunar Calendar Book in Switzerland
* Represented by The Exposed House, Abu Dhabi