Lichen in the Forest
This woodland series textured abstract wall hanging is an incredibly tactile piece which will add another dimension to your walls. The colors of browns, reds and ochre yellow makes the shapes even more intriguing. Depending on the light, the shadows always look different.
The work was a long process. Firstly I made my own clay to ensure a durable and very hard finish. I then sculpted each shape individually. I also made a base of paper pulp which was laid down as a textured base. The clay shapes were then clued to this. After this the entire work was painted and then varnished.
This work is entirely sealed and to keep it dust free, simply run over it with a feather duster from time to time. It has been worked on plywood which has a 'frame' on the back so that when it is hanging on the wall, it appears to be floating there.
Artwork: 80 x 60cms (31.5" x 24" cms)
Frame: 86 x 66 cms approx.
With this painting you'll get a signed Artist's Statement and a Certificate of Authenticity. Shipping will include insurance and tracking.
Testimonials from happy customers:
*** Oh, I love it! The painting was more beautiful than any computer image could translate. Thank-you for sharing your gifts and talents with the world!
*** Wonderful, even better than I imagined! Many thanks too for the extra card, and the pretty stamps (my grandson will be pleased!). A real pleasure to share in a little piece of your magnificent art!
*** STUNNING!!!...Takes my breath away!!!...Thank you!!!
* Collaborated with Kew Gardens & University of East Legon, Ghana for series on endagered species.
* One of my logs paintings was selected by Christies, London to be sold at their Art for Life Event.
* I won first prize for innovation in a competition here in France
* I have done numerous successful exhibitions in UK and France
* Several collectors worldwide regularly commission me
* Published artwork in Reves de Femmes Lunar Calendar Book in Switzerland
* Represented by The Exposed House, Abu Dhabi
* Headed the Art Project, The Old School, St Colomb de Lauzun, France.